This blog is my commitment to take more photo's, simply for the love it.

And, each day I feel inspired, I will post one new photo.

A blog filled with what inspires.

A documentation of life.

October 22, 2010

day sixty five - john macenulty


"There is a place inside us that is pure understanding, pure beauty, pure love.

We feel it within us, an indescribable feeling,

We express it as poetry, art, prayer, beautiful music, kindness, love.

But the deeper stillness that opens us to everything, to the inner feelings, to the sense of connection with the trees, feeling their roots touch the earth, reaching into her soul and into ours, becoming one with Gaia and ourselves: I can speak of it, but the fullness is hopeless to communicate.

The mystical communion we experience when I speak my words to you is a mystery too, indescribable, inexpressible.

I say, Sacred Tree, and you experience the communion because that is your way.

But that is all we can do. We can't really describe it unless someone already understands it. The words, left to their own devices, don't express anything. They only point. They say, There! That! This!

Point at the easy things, give them names, car, truck, hill, sky, stars, face, eyes, nose.

Point at love, God, beauty, truth and we begin to depend on the inner awareness of the listener.

I come to the ineffable feeling. I sense the purpose and determination of a woman putting gas in a cake delivery truck. She floods me with a mystical sense of sympathy and admiration. It's a sudden thing, a mysterious thing.

You'll understand it if you've experienced it, if it resonates within. Otherwise you may say, Hey, C'mon John, she's just getting some gas.

The mystic may have a sense of the miraculous in ordinary things. But the love of the Great Mystery creates love in ordinary situations crucial to our continued growth and survival."

Emanations
Copyright © 2010 by John MacEnulty

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEARCH A PARTICLE OF LOVE